Saturday, December 17, 2005

Can you Handle Me? (10 min Poetry)

Can You Handle Me?

I’m the darkest brown coffee bean;
And added to it, a little sugar and cream.

I’m the best vanilla ice cream in the world;
And add praline pecans and a thick caramel swirl.

I’m a hot cup of cinnamon apple tea;
Delicately sweetened with just enough honey.

I’m a warm soft peanut butter cookie;
With a Hershey’s kiss melting in its nookie.

I’m a chewy double fudge brownie square;
Invaded by white chocolate bits everywhere.

I’m a strip of caramel in a chocolate candy bar;
A Payday that makes em’ want to go to war.

I’m a “Hot Right Now” Krispy Kreme delight;
Can't resist the urge once I'm in your sight.

I’m a taste of the best Puerto Rican Rum;
With a splash of Coke, (don’t you want some?)

I’m a maximum strength Long Island Iced Tea;
A lot of strong flavors combined to make me.

Are you ready for the strength of my coffee;
The thickness of my swirl, the sweetness of my honey?

Can you handle the chocolate as it melts in your mouth?
Do you prefer the Delirium of the north or the Tropical Storm of the south?


Doriannicole Haynes
09 December 2005

No comments: