Thursday, May 18, 2006

Only Me

No one in the world understands who you are better than you. Only you know what you mean to say and how you meant to say it. Only you know what messages you are intending to send via your apparel, body language, or words. Only you know what secrets you keep hidden in the closet or underneath the rug. You, alone, know what makes you feel happy, saddened, or angry.

You can lie to the world, but you can never truly fool yourself. You have absolute control over how you respond to the world, and, in that regard, how the world responds to you. God gave us power over ourselves. We determine our steps under His guidance, but ultimately, we decide. It is the individual who makes the final decision.

Care must be taken to ensure that decisions are made for individual personal gratification and not solely to redeem ourselves in the eyes of others. Too often, we make decisions because we think that someone will be more pleased with us, even if we, ourselves, really don't want to. It is disappointing when we've allowed ourselves to be placed in situations where we are not really happy.

No matter how many friends I have, no matter what family bonds I possess, I know that in the end, it boils down to me. I depend on me, and only me. I live for me, and only me. I am who I am for me, and only me.

No comments: