Tuesday, March 21, 2006

In God I Trust

Lord, thank you for my blessings:
You didn't have to wake me up this morning,
You didn't have to provide me with food to eat and a place to live,
Thank you for my sanity, my confidence, my wisdom, my courage, and strength;
Thank you foryour clarity, your honesty, guidance, love and friendship.
Lord, thank you for my valleys:
Thank you for the chaos, because now I appreciate the calm.
Thank you for the pain, because I now know the relief of Your deliverance.
Thank you for struggles, because through them I grow and become more courageous,
stronger, more confident and wiser.
Thank you for the hurdles, because as I jump over them, I am brought closer to you.

You provide rain, so that we may grow; storms that blow things around, so that a new path may be uncovered. I know that I am who I am and have experienced what I have experienced so that I may be capable to handle what You have in store for me. In You I am made stronger; in You, I am made whole; and in You I trust completely.

---Amen

No comments: